Friday, February 26, 2010

Can fatty foods help get rid of gray hair?

In recent weeks, I have been trying to raise my ';good'; HDL cholesterol. I have been eating lots and lots of healthy mono-unsaturated fats ... stuff like olive oil, peanut butter, peanuts, fresh salmon. I may be imagining this, but it sure looks like my gray hair is turning back to the brown shade I had many, many years ago. (I am 63 years old.) Has anybody heard of diet changes, especially fatty foods, helping to get rid of gray hair ... or am I delusional?Can fatty foods help get rid of gray hair?
Here are some articles about nutrition and hair color:


http://www.keratin.com/as/as011.shtml


http://www.stylistoncall.com/html/faqpag鈥?/a>


Q. Does diet affect my hair?


A. Yes! Here are some ideas to ';build'; better hair from the inside out...


Eat more protein rich foods.


Supplements of choline and inositol help hair development


Supplements of tyrosine (an amino acid) play a vital role in hair growth


Supplements of B vitamins help produce healthy hair


Supplements of biotin, cysteine,and cystine aid in healthy hair growth





Q. Why does hair turn grey and what can I do about it?


A. In the aging process the hair bulb produces less hair pigment (melanin). The absence of pigment in the cortical layer of the hair makes the hair clear (or grey). Although not scientifically proven, large amounts of the vitamin PABA (you can buy it at health food stores) may slow this process. Also supplements of biotin, tyrosine, B-vitamins, cystine, inositol, and choline will produce healthier hair.





Wow, if you found a combination that turned by the gray hair to it's earlier color, women everywhere will line up for it.Can fatty foods help get rid of gray hair?
yes fatty foods keep you young and engerized and ready to go
I'm not the person who will tell you you're dilusional.


but, I suggest clairol if you want your original hair color back.
if it works tell me ,but i dont think so
No, I have not . . . I have known of one very old (and rarely used) antiboitic that restores hair color and I have known people to gray during stress and have it reverse once the stress is over.
No. Fatty foods can not help get rid of gray hair...
I'm not sure what you're seeing. But I do know of dark-haired people turning grey after some severe illness, and then gradually growing dark again. It is a very interesting theory. Perhaps the grey hair is falling out and being replaced by healthy dark hair.
I've never heard of that. That's very interesting because I have been eating those healthy foods you mentioned to raise my HDL. I have very few gray hair that you can hardly notice but I hope they will turn back into black.
no
no but try to consume lots of bell pepper fresh is really good for the skin and hair
hmmm thats interesting
Hasn't worked for me!
hey thats great!!! but i never heard of it. keep doing what u doing
I know that lack of copper in your diet can make you turn grey faster. you might try boosting that, it might help to.
Maybe you were malneurished before. That can cause hair and skin problems.
I've had gray hairs since 16 or 17 and I haven't noticed this. Are you sure the gray hairs aren't just falling out and you are noticing the brown hairs left behind?
it cant hurt to try, but i think that theory is WHAAACK
I don't think it will help
no what the **** r u thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment