Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Is pulling out gray hair not advisable and will lead to more gray hair?

I have a few gray hair coming out. I asked my maid to pull them out but my aunt said it will only worsen it. She added that the more u pulled them out, the growth of gray hair will triple in number. Is this true?Is pulling out gray hair not advisable and will lead to more gray hair?
It depends.





How old are you/


It will take 120 days for a plucked hair to grow back. If you are older, it will take longer





How many grey hairs do you have vs regular hair.





Try coloring them instead. It will make your hair look more sophisticated anyway.Is pulling out gray hair not advisable and will lead to more gray hair?
It won't lead to more grey hair! You're born with all the follicles you'll ever have--plucking hairs won't create new ones and it won't cause the white ones to ';spread';.
Yes this is true. My mom pulled her's out and she had more and more.
dont do it as it grows back with even more gray.


just cut them real short
Its not true at all but my concern is why do you pull them out? Its got to hurt and your hail will thin out. If I ere you just color your hair, it is the fashion anyway.
I am a cosmetolgist. I would say that's an old wives tale. It'll take a while to grow back that's about it. However u may be better off to use a temporary color if its just a few or see a hairdresser about getting a few highlights in the areas of gray.
I've heard more often than not that it's a bad idea and it sprouts more gray hairs. That could be an urban myth though. I wouldn't take any chances though.

No comments:

Post a Comment