Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What does it mean if a girl gets gray hair young?

I'll be thirteen this month, and I already have like a patch of gray hair. What does that mean? Is it from stress or something? I just want to know why I already am getting gray hair. If any of you know please tell me!!!! Thanks!


-AlenaWhat does it mean if a girl gets gray hair young?
Premature graying is genetically determined for the most part. Ask your family members when they started getting gray hair, it might run in your family.


It has also been associated with certain medical conditions such as thyroid disorders, vitiligo, vitamin B12 deficiency, and anemia. Vitiligo is an autoimmune condition in which the cells that make pigment (melanocytes) are destroyed, resulting in patches of hair and skin that become white.


At your age my first guess would be vitamin B12 deficiency or anemia, especially if you are a vegetarian, don't eat much red meat or don't eat healthy. Thyroid hormone imbalance is also very common, your family doctor or nurse practitioner can check these with a simple blood test.


Best of luck!What does it mean if a girl gets gray hair young?
A sudden shock, trauma, or severe stress can cause a patch of grey hair to grow in. If you've had one a little before the grey hair appeared, it's a likely suspect. Once it goes grey it doesn't go back.





If you have a few wisps and no major culprit, though, no worries. I got my first grey hair when I was nine, and have had one or two several times since then. I'm now 27, and there's still never more than a strand or two of white or grey.
I'm 14 with bright auburn hair and every once in a while I will get a gray hair. It's from stress. Heredity also plays a part, but not when you are that young should you be getting a patch a gray hair
I've been getting gray hair since i was also


%26amp; everyone says it's from stress


or that you're very wise...


But most of my family got gray hair when they were younger


so... for me it's just genes


idk about you!
its from stress. you need to chill or you will go fully grey by 40.
it can be genetic....see if it runs in your family...

No comments:

Post a Comment